How to get Unicode Font support on Android platform ?
If you want to view web sites designed with Unicode font system ,ie web sites displaying non English fonts like Tamil,Hindi etc..on Android based phones or Tablets it is quite possible now.
How to configure your Android phone or Tablet to display Unicode ?
- Install Opera Mini Web Browser in your Phone /Tablet which is freely available
- Type Config: at the Address bar (no www/http or any other marks only the word config and the colon mark )
- Press Enter in your Tablet key board or click Go on the phone
- The configuration page will appear now,where go to the option “Use bitmap fonts for complex scripts” and Choose “yes” (by default it is no ,so change it to yes)
- Click Save in the bottom of this configuration page and exit from the browser
- Now restart the browser and try to view your desired Unicode web sites.
Please note ,this options are not available on the standard settings tab of the opera browser ,you have to use above steps to get into the Configuration Area of the Opera Mini browser .